Launching and Consolidating Unstoppable Learning
(Student Engagement Strategies to Support Growth Mindsets and Increase Learner Autonomy)
Alexander McNeece, Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey
Part of the Unstoppable Learning Series
Adopted by educators worldwide, the Unstoppable Learning model includes seven elements of teaching and learning: (1) planning, (2) launching, (3) consolidating, (4) assessing, (5) adapting, (6) managing, and (7) leading. This book offers strategies for launching (introducing content and hooking students) and consolidating (facilitating students' comprehension) to help readers cultivate and increase meaningful, student-centered learning.
Learn classroom management strategies to support student engagement and learner autonomy:
- Become familiar with the student engagement mindset continuum and gain classroom management strategies that help establish a growth mindset for students.
- Understand the theories of self-determination, participation, and motivation for students.
- Consider differentiated instruction and classroom scenarios that increase participation and intrinsic motivation for students during a lesson launch.
- Boost competency and learning consolidation by tapping into student engagement strategies designed specifically for different kinds of students.
- Learn how to monitor bias, which can negatively affect motivation for students who are struggling.
- Focus on student-centered learning to help students relate to content, and learn when and where to differentiate instruction to provide more learner autonomy.
Chapter 1: Student Engagement
Chapter 2: The Agitator Mindset
Chapter 3: The Retreater Mindset
Chapter 4: The Probationer Mindset
Chapter 5: The Aficionado Mindset
Chapter 6: The Academician Mindset
Chapter 7: Engagement Culture Schoolwide
References and Resources
Books in the Unstoppable Learning series:
- Unstoppable Learning
- A Handbook for Unstoppable Learning
- Leading Unstoppable Learning
- Adapting Unstoppable Learning
- Assessing Unstoppable Learning
- Managing Unstoppable Learning
- Launching and Consolidating Unstoppable Learning