Jeremy O. Harris
- Slave Play received its world premiere Off-Broadway at New York Theatre Workshop in the fall of 2018 in a sold-out, extended run. The production was directed by Robert O’Hara.
- The NYTW production will transfer to Broadway’s Golden Theatre in the fall of 2019, marking the Broadway debut for both Harris and O’Hara.
- Slave Play was a New York Times Critic’s Pick.
- Harris is a swiftly rising young star in the theatre world. Slave Play premiered while he was still a student at the Yale School of Drama.
- Slave Play is the recipient of the Rosa Parks Playwriting Award, the Lorraine Hansberry Playwriting Award, The Lotos Foundation Prize in the Arts and Sciences and the 2018 Paula Vogel Award.
- TCG first published Slave Play in American Theatre magazine in the July/August 2019 issue.
- Harris’s play “Daddy” received its world premiere Off-Broadway at the Vineyard Theatre in the winter of 2019, starring Alan Cumming.
- In June 2019, to mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, Queerty named Harris one of the Pride50 “trailblazing individuals who actively ensure society remains moving towards equality, acceptance and dignity for all queer people.”