Until the Flood
- Until the Flood is a New York Times Critic’s Pick
- Important and timely piece of documentary theatre written in response to Michael Brown’s death
- Orlandersmith won the prestigious Susan Smith Blackburn Prize for her play The Gimmick in 1999
- She was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for her play Yellowman
- She also received a Drama Desk Award nominee for Outstanding Play and Outstanding Actress in a Play for Yellowman
- Other honors include a New York Foundation for the Arts Grant, The Helen Merrill Award for Emerging Playwrights, a Guggenheim and the 2005 PEN/Laura Pels Foundation Award for a playwright in mid-career
- Orlandersmith has toured extensively with the Nuyorican Poets Café (Real Live Poetry) throughout the United States, Europe and Australia.